Based on the pastoral statement from our Bishops, teachers of religion and catechists are encouraged to differentiate catechesis based on the needs of the individual learner especially persons with disabilities. RCL Benziger is committed to providing catechetical resources to support the ongoing faith formation of the People of God.
- Blest Are We Faith in Action edition for grades K-8 supports the catechist throughout the entire program year through the teacher/catechist guide by,
- All Are Welcome, an article that identifies ways to engage the learner with disabilities and their families to accommodate needs, respecting each person, and assessing the needs, while also providing additional resources
- Lesson Planning in every grade, for every chapter throughout the series that identifies ways to address special needs for that lesson
- Special Needs and Multiple Intelligences Teaching Tips are available for each chapter to assist the catechist in differentiating lessons
- Blest Are We Faith and Word and Be My Disciples for grades 1-8 both address ways to address the special needs of children throughout the catechist guides
- Both the Blest Are We and Be My Disciples series are available as eBooks for additional digital support. Through our partnership with several braille publishing companies, our textbooks are also available in braille.
- Our catechetical resources, especially for children, are visually rich in both images and design helping the learner to process the knowledge and experiences of the Catholic faith through visuals and color before the text. This can assist in the learning process and the retention of new concepts in faith formation. There are a range of activities as part of the print resources and digitally to assist both the learner and the catechist in processing key concepts so that the learner may grow in the knowledge of the faith while he/she continues to grow in his/her relationship with God.